Friday, August 7, 2009

Hope Springs Eternal

Despite all of my worrying, this morning's u/s went well! 14 measurable follicles (10-14.5mm) and 13 smaller follies. Lining was 9.3 and triple striped. Yay! Put me in a good mood for most of the day! Well, that and the absolutely BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT weather! Sunny, breezy, and no humidity. Next u/s is on Sunday. We'll see what happens. E2 was 1071. Seems low considering the number of follicles, but I'm trying not to worry about that. We'll see.

Actually got some work done for school. Miracle of miracles. Certainly helped to relieve just a little bit of my stress/anxiety. Spent many hours sorting through piles of papers...stacking them into appropriate piles, which will themselves later need to be sorted. Eventually came across too many reminders of past IVFs (yes, interspersed with all my school stuff...not the epitome of organization!) and I had to stop. Was just too depressing. And the material for CCRM in Colorado...where we had once thought of doing a donor egg cycle. Don't think money is going to allow for that...hence all the stressed placed on this, now our last fresh cycle.

Anyway, with the exception of some side forays into sadness, most of today was good and productive. Even had a beautiful period of perfect contentment: at the house where I am dog-sitting they have a gorgeous yard with a hammock. Contently in the hammock, I drank raspberry tea and read Eric Foner's book "The Story of American Freedom." Pure heaven...especially with the dogs at my side, the birds chirping, the sun shining, and a light breeze blowing. So sweet. Until I got bit by a mosquito and decided to come inside and type this!

Need to go home soon to get my shots (fun, fun, fun) and then we are off to an AA meeting where DH will get his 4 year medallion. I am very proud of him and all the work he has put into his sobriety, especially in this past year. Will go out to dinner to celebrate with S (my step-daughter), her girlfriend, and a friend of mine/DH's. We'll also celebrate the fact that today S heard that she got into grad school (silly woman wants to become an English teacher -- I tried my best to convince her otherwise!).

Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment